Thursday, August 24, 2006

We just came from seeing the movie "Barnyard"

After 30 minutes of previews, anyway (you read that right). It was a lot better than I thought it'd be. I laughed till I cried at the part when the donkey kicked the farmer and I cried at the part when... well, I won't give it away.

Many of you don't know about this but I've got a condition. It's called Kidsmoviedrowsyitis. It's incurable and hits like a ton of bricks whenever I go see a kids' movie. As soon as the credits start my eyelids get heavy. If it's good I'll stay awake until the main character gets into his/her/it's first dilemma. If it's bad I'm out before the start credits are over. Case in point, the powerful narcotic otherwise known as Pooh's Heffalump Movie. I heard the music at the start and the music at the end and that was it. I had a deep restful sleep and woke up refreshed. And frankly a little pissed that I spent $9 for a nap I could have had for free at home or even in my car in the theatre parking lot.

Most movies are better. I had a rest during Robots, a beddy-bye during Brother Bear and a catnap during Cars. Good movie. I only slept about 5 minutes for that one. But I didn't sleep a wink while Barnyard was on. I stayed awake and alert the whole time. So if you have kids, check it out. I give it 2 eyelids way up.

kxx

No comments: