Friday, August 4, 2006

Six more days!

You read that right, ladies and gentlemen, only 6 days until my birthday. You only have a few more days to find the perfect gift for your favourite blogger mum.

I'm not one of those people that shies away from birthdays. I love them. Even though, yes, I am getting older every year. I think it's because I (insert modest head bow here) look younger than my soon-to-be 39 years and I'm happily married with kids. The only thing I don't have is that massive amount of cash in the bank. Living cheque to cheque with very little savings is no fun but we manage and we're happy. And I guess that's the point of life, isn't it?

Well, enough of the philosophical and on to the material. Here's my wish list if you're so inclined this year. There's something here for every price range so be sure to pick the one that fits in best with your budget. Thanks in advance for your patronage.

-Metal measuring cups (set of 6, including 2/3 cup & 3/4 cup... hard to find in metal)
-CDs: "Get Lifted" John Legend, "Run Lola Run" Soundtrack, Nelly Furtado's "Loose"
-Bayshore Shopping Centre gift certificate
-50 blog hits on 10 August
-Family photo (professionally done)
-TiVo (ha)
-Gift certificate from the Running Room
-Peace in the Middle East
-DVDs: "Love, Actually", "The Notebook"
-Elliptical trainer (hee)
-Kitchenaid mixer (orange, blue or metallic)
-2 more blog subscribers (to make an even 10)
-BelleVue Kriek cherry beer (6 bottles)
-PFD (kayak style... triangle shape, mesh over the head entry, red if available)
-Tummy tuck

Except for the Middle East thing, I think they're all pretty doable.

I'll let you all know how many of these things I can strike off around the big day. Just to be frank with you all, I've had pretty much this same exact list since 1999. I've only recently added the PFD, the Middle East business, the blog stuff and changed the CDs and DVDs. Those I get. No problems... it's still my birthday. My unique special day that I don't have to share. Unlike Christmas where my personal Diva-ness is rivalled by everyone elses. And that thing with baby Jesus.

Happy shopping!

kxx

No comments: