Thursday, August 12, 2010

All about my blog

Got this blog questionnaire from the sweetie at How To Survive Life In the Suburbs. I thought it would be fun for me and you can have some background on my blog.
Here’s what to do:

a) Cut and paste the quiz onto your blog.
b) Delete my answers (after carefully studying and committing each to memory. What?).
c) Answer the questions (feel free to embellish and totally make stuff up. I do it all the time).
d) Tweet a few of the bloggers you’d love to get to know better and invite them to play along.
e) Leave a link to your blog with your quiz answers in the comment section below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Did you attend Blogher10?
No and I'm ashamed to admit that I don't even know what that is.
2. Are you attending BlissdomCanada this fall?
Again, colour me ashamed. I think I need to have my blogging licence revoked. If there was a blogging licence. This is probably the reason I only have 66 followers.
3. When are you at your blogging best – a.m. or p.m.?
Definitely the morning. If I don't get it done by noon, I feel like I'm letting 66 people down. In all likelihood, I'd probably be giving 66 people a well deserved break.
4. How many blogs do you have? (Include the links)
I actually have 2 but the second one is sadly neglected (by both me and the general public).
5. What technical skill would you like to learn to improve your blog?
I would love to somehow lure hundreds and hundreds of readers to my blog and have fame and fortune just from writing about myself and my stuff. I obviously need to go to one of these blogger conference things to learn how to do that.
6. Do you prefer the sound of silence or does action abound while you blog?
I'm useless when it's quiet. While I write this I'm watching Maury Povich and the kids are playing Nintendo DS with the sound on.
7. Do you include the names of your family in your blog?
I do. I wish I didn't but when I started I really thought this would be something between me and the lamppost. Who knew it would blow up to 66 whopping readers? Also, remembering the names I'd made up smacks of work.
8. Do you post pictures or videos of your children?
Yup. I know, I shouldn't but why stop now?
9. What’s the grossest thing you’ve spilled on your keyboard?
I rarely eat or drink at the computer so I haven't spilled but I have eaten English muffins with Cheez Whiz nearby.
10. Ever posted something you wrote while intoxicated?
I wish. What great fodder! I'm hilarious when I drink, trust me. But I blog in the morning, remember, and what kind of mother would I be if I cracked open the whiskey before they went to bed for the night? As much as I need it some days.
11. Do you go back and edit old posts just because you can?
I do if I find a glaring typo or grammar issue. But I don't search them out, it's only when I happen across them.
12. Have you ever suspected somebody took something you wrote and pawned it off as their own?
I hope not but I think part of me would take it as a compliment. I'd try to get them to credit me, though. Also the nature of my blog is pretty personal to me and my self-centredness so it'd be hard to get away with.
13. Does your spouse read your blog? What do they say about it?
My husband doesn't read my blog at all. He says he lives with me so he gets the funny firsthand. He often says things like: "this would make a good blog" or "you better not blog this", but never checks whether I do or not. I could test him by admitting that I have over $15,000 in a secret bank account for my own personal use and he'd never know. But 66 strangers will.
14. What’s something cool/positive/unexpected for you, that has resulted directly from blogging?
The coolest thing ever is having 66 readers. Over half of them don't know me in real life and I find that incredible. I often wonder why on earth anyone would be interested in the self-involved meanderings of a Black, suburban housewife and mother. I guess I'm more interesting that I think.
15. Link to a post (or three) which demonstrate your writing style:
16. Name a blog(s) that makes you exclaim, "Damn! I wish I'd written that!"
I love all the ones I follow but I'm particularly fond of:
Thanks for playing!
kxx

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I loved reading it!
You should so try and come! I don't know a soul that is going to be there so it is kind of like jumping into the deep end of the pool and not knowing what the temperature will be, but I'm okay with that. You are in Ottawa area right? Lot's of Mama's coming from there:)

Thanks for playing!

kyooty said...

I love that cartoon. :)

Peggy Sue Brister said...

http://www.peggysuebrister.com/ My quiz answers

April said...

Love it! I have to admit, my usual daily blog reads are crafting blogs. I am too lazy to read people's thoughts-or uninterested...but I really enjoy reading yours!