Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I LOVE camping!

I know the title of this post comes as quite a surprise to those of you who have been following my blog for a few years, but in the past I've failed to see the up-side. Camping rocks.

I'm referring, of course, to other members of my family sleeping on the ground getting bug bitten shivering in a tent enjoying the great outdoors and leaving the house to me. For days at a time. Heaven! My kitchen and bathroom stay clean and I can eat whatever I want for dinner. I know, right? A few weeks ago while Elliott was at summer camp, Scott took the kids camping. Yesterday Scott, feeling that Elliott missed out, took him camping to make up for it. I am now reaping the immense benefits. The only downside is that they take the car but I have an awesome neighbour who actually gets angry if she finds out that I am carless and didn't ask to borrow hers.

This time Audrey stayed behind so we'll be doing lots of girly things together. Yesterday we went to see Ramona and Beezus and had a nice restaurant dinner. Tonight I have dragonboat practice and I'm hoping she'll join me. Tomorrow we shop, Thursday is dragonboat again then we expect the boys to come home. Did I mention that camping is the best activity ever?

kxx

1 comment:

kyooty said...

I read all about those Bears! in Montana, crazy camping people~!!!Now I wont let the boys in the back yard because Teddy comes to visit in the evenings.