Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More questions answered.

Thanks to Linda at 2nd cup of coffee for these questions...


1. What is your favourite Mexican dish?
I'm okay with Chimichangas but I'm not crazy about Mexican food in general. I'm never a fan of restaurant food that tastes like I could make it at home. But do margaritas count as a dish? 'Cuz, I'm all over that...

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
I was a procrastinator par excellence. I'd been known to do my homework on the bus on the way to school. Of course I try to teach my children to get it out of the way. Do as I say, not as I do (or did).

3. What is your favourite store for home furnishings?
God help me I've never fallen out of love with Ikea.

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
We never had school lunches until CEGEP and the food there was sublime. I still wish I could eat there again. In elementary school my mum would assault me with mock chicken sandwiches and Del Monte fruit cups. I still have nightmares of bread imprinted with metal can rings. UGH.

5. Is religion a crutch?
It's not a crutch if it genuinely helps you through difficult times in your life. I'm often jealous of people who have that kind of faith. I ask too many dumb questions for religion to comfort me properly. But I do consider myself to be spiritual.

6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community) high school sport?
Is there any other sport in Canada but Hockey? See how I capitalized it there?

7. Do you consider yourself rich?
LOL! Are you high? But I'll tow the party line here and say I'm rich in family and love *puke*

8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
CPR but please God, don't test me on that...

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing
Being Black I feel like I should know how to dance HipHop and it's practical since my partner wouldn't have to heave my carcass up over his shoulder at any point in the dance.

10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?
One Friday last year, Scott gleefully told me he finally took that leave of absence from his job we'd been talking about for years. He wanted to enjoy a few months of doing whatever he wanted. Unfortunately, that day was the same I got laid off from my job. The hardest thing ever was telling him and seeing his face crumple as he realized he'd have to go back to work on Monday. I'll never forgive myself for that.

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
I learned how a newspaper gets put out and how a radio station works. I also learnt how to shotgun a beer. Very valuable information.

12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favourite (or most repeated) line in that song?
I hear this song once and the whole thing is stuck in my head for hours. For that reason alone, I hate it with a fire that burns.

Aaargh... aaaand there it is. Thanks a lot.

kxx

1 comment:

Teresa Dawn said...

And yet oddly our Official National Sport is Lacrosse and not Hockey. Love your answers :)