Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So I sent out emails, I put it on Facebook,

and now I'm doing it here. But I promise not to bother anyone with this after today.

As you know, I dragonboat. Once a year I humbly ask for donations for the Ottawa Dragonboat Foundation charities. There are quite a few featured charities including the local children's hospital and animal shelter.

If you feel the spirit, please donate using this link. You can use my name (Karen Knox) or my team (The ORCC Dunrobin Dames). If you donate, I'll give you a shout-out right in this here blog. I'll talk about how we met (if we've met), post a photo (if I have one) and tell an embarrassing story about you. Hm. Now that I think about it, that's not much enticement, is it? But I promise I'll be nice.

So what do you say? Will you help a sister out?

kxx

4 comments:

kyooty said...

My kids teachers are doing a Dragon boat here too, they do it for kids sport here in NB!:) Good luck on your glide across the water! :)

Karen Kaye said...

Oh kyooty it's so much fun! Most teams are super welcoming... we usually take anyone at any skill or fitness level. You should give it a try! It's such a scream!

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Oh cool! My dad (at 57) joined a dragon boat team last year. He LOVES it!

Jennifer Kay said...

Props to you for working so hard to raise money for the babies and puppies...I just went online and donated. Good luck!