Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I tried something new lately.


Just a quick aside:
Thank goodness I'm back online. It's one thing to not use the internet for a bet or to compete in Steven and Chris' Better Choice Challenge but because you are cut off? Horrible. So I really want to thank Ravinder at the Bell Canada call centre in Mumbai for helping a sister out.

So yesterday I did a pile of laundry and I used a "laundry sheet". How cool is this thing? It's a sheet that has soap and fabric softener on it. You just throw the thing in the washer with the clothes then pull out everything and throw it all in the dryer. No need to measure anything. It's a bit simple so I would only use it on heavy duty stuff and things like jeans but it works like a charm. I like to call it laundry, man style. So there's your consumer report for the day.

kxx

4 comments:

flask said...

you measure things to go in the laundry?

oh, sweetie. man-style laundry is when you toss things in the wash without regard to anything but dirty; whites with colors and no delicates to worry about. then you put in whatever laundry detergent is cheap. just "some"; no measuring involved.

at least that's what laundry is like at my house, even though i'm not a man. my friends tease me that many of my habits are very much that of a single man, (single straight man, my mother stresses, noticing that i keep bike tools in the living room, nevermind the tan carpets).

fabric softener? aren't fabrics already soft? measuring laundry soap... *trails off giggling*...

Karen Kaye said...

LOL flask... maybe it IS just me! I measure fabric softener, soap, bleach. And yes, you need softener, they make the clothes smell so yummy! And I'm picky about things... I have an only jeans load, only towels load, only sheets...

Oh, hell, I am a freak PMPL!

k

Joy Heather said...

I haven't even heard of those 'laundry sheets'..i think the U.K. is like a 3rd World country when it comes to all these new ideas, anything for saving time for me..I do love my clothes to smell good. In my house man style laundry is when you throw your clothes on the floor OUTSIDE the machine and expect to have them hanging in your wardrobe the same day.!!

Karen Kaye said...

Joy Heather! I'm laughing out loud over here over your definition of "man style laundry". OMG, that's hilarious!