Monday, November 16, 2009

Grocery follies


So I went grocery shopping Saturday as I do every weekend. I go to Costco first then head to the smaller store to find things I either couldn't find at the big box store or just come too darned big. Have you seen the pickles? They'd keep an army of pregnant women happy for the duration of their conditions.

Anyhoo, I often glance into people's carts to check out their situations. You can always tell who is married or single and who has kids. Today I saw someone look into my cart. I had already gone to Costco so I had most of what I needed but I needed to top things up. I had:
  • lettuce
  • a bagel cutter (no bagels... I bought those at Costco)
  • sunflower seeds
  • a salad kit
  • sweet potatoes
  • 2 onions
  • cat treats
  • root beer
What must she have thought? A single, vegetarian cat lover about to spend a romantic night alone with her... bagel slicer?

I've got to stop analysing people's carts...

kxx

1 comment:

Cinema Obsessed said...

People tend to make all sorts of assumptions when you throw a bagel slicer into the mix.