Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Have I mentioned this to you all?

I probably have. It's now officially all I think about. I've signed up for a triathlon and it's coming up on Saturday morning.

It's not the traditional triathlon which is a 1500m swim, 40k bike and 10k run. Or the Ironman which is seriously sick at 4k swim, 180k bike and 42k run. Are they nuts? Nope, mine is a "try-a-tri" which is positively infantile at 200m swim, 20k bike and 3k run. Seriously, a child could complete this. I'm hoping to have it done in under 3 hours which is about an hour over the standard completion time of the above mentioned traditional triathlon. Hey, all I want to do is finish and get some bling. Remember my ill-fated marathon a few months ago? Even though I finished in over 7 hours, I finished. So there. I guess I can officially call myself an athlete. After all, how many of you can say you did a marathon and triathlon in the same year? Eh? Eh? Thought so.

kxx

No comments: