Monday, April 14, 2008

Somebody gave me the finger!

I was shocked and really, I haven't been able to let it go all weekend. Another driver on Friday morning gave me the finger.

Many (many) times I know I deserve it but honestly, this time it came out of the blue. I was driving along and came to a four-way stop. Another car was there so I gestured for him to go ahead. He did ended up in front of me. He was driving about 5kms under the speed limit which irritates me but I was on my way to work so I grumbled but that was about it.

I followed him onto the highway as we were going the same way. He was going really slow in the acceleration lane (which made me grouch some more) and then was only going 80kms when we hit the highway. So I took the soonest opportunity to pass him. When I did, he pressed his "finger" against the window. Wha'?

I swear I wasn't tailgaiting and I only grouched quietly under my breath. I didn't gesture and honestly, heavy sighs aren't a fuck-finger offense. I wasn't late for work so I wasn't in a hurry. And I don't have the kind of job where I'd bust my ass on time to get to anyway. So what was the deal?

Now thanks to some pokey loser who, because of some percieved slight, I'm permanently scarred? No fair. And on top of it, this guy lives in my neighbourhood somewhere. I wouldn't know him to see him but I'd sure recognise that finger. Well, he can sit on it and spin. A young guy like that shouldn't be driving like a pépère anyway. Hmph.

kxx

No comments: