Thursday, April 17, 2008

Skipping

And I'm not talking about school or work or even with a rope. I'm talking about the actual act of skipping.

On the way home from taking Henry to the bus stop, for some reason I had the insane urge to take a few skipping steps. Ignoring the uncomfortable combo of embarrassment and exhiliration, I skipped. It was really fun. I think I even laughed out loud a bit. No wonder kids do this.

When did we stop skipping? Why? It's excellent cardio and I defy you to be in a bad mood once you're done. I honestly can't remember the last time before today that I skipped down the road with carefree abandon. Of course after a few metres my adult humiliation started to take over wondering what my curtain twitching neighbours must have thought and I slunk the rest of the way home.

But wouldn't it be great to have a judgement-free skipping area? Or maybe a time of day? Or even a class at my local fitness centre? Oh, who am I trying to kid? We adults are just too stuck in our grown-up ways. It's too bad. I say you all should take a few skipping steps today. It'll do your body and mind good. Seriously.

kxx

No comments: