Thursday, June 10, 2010

One thing I've noticed

I'm a very smiley person. In fact, I've been known to smile to myself
even when I'm alone. My own thoughts amuse me. Go figure.

So I find it very off-putting to catch someone's eye here, smile big
and get... nothing. Sometimes worse than nothing: a frown. Yikes. Most
people look away, a few just stare back but some actually look like by
smiling at them, I'm somehow offending them. Not cool, Brussels. Not
cool. You're making it difficult to warm up to you...

kxx

Sent from my iPod

1 comment:

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Hmmm... Maybe they are all people like me. People who WOULD smile back, but all to often (more often than not) it turns out the smiler was actually smiling at someone BEHIND them... That happens to me ALL. THE. TIME. :P
Either that or they are miserable jerks who NEED more random smiles.

Keep smiling!! :)