Monday, June 21, 2010

Golden Girls!


A great big thank you to the people who donated to my boat for the Tim Horton's Ottawa Dragonboat Festival that took place over the weekend. It was a complete and total joy, even though I had to set my alarm for 5:45am both days. One word about that: yawn. I don't want to bore you with the details but I have to mention that the Dames (that's the name of our team) won a gold medal in the Girls and Women in Sport Challenge cup. And there's an actual cup where our name will be engraved. Forever. Yes!

So here is the list of people dipped in awesome, rolled in terrific and served with a soupçon of you rock, who donated to the wonderful charities involved:

Lori Gibbs
Lisa, Holden and Sean
Jennifer Kay
Michelle Parkinson
Pat Amundrud
Kathryn Knight
my husband and;
my Daddy

Thank you all so much! Thanks to you, the charities nearly reached their $350,000 goal. And I reached my goal of earning a gold medal at something besides eating so it's a win/win.

kxx (our cup is filled with Beau's beer and yes, we all got a swig)

No comments: