Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Airplane movies


I have to admit that one of the things I love the most about plane flights is the movies. Nowadays you aren't stuck watching what everyone else is watching on a big screen in the middle of the aisle. Everyone gets their own choice of what seems like hundreds of channels. There were sports, contemporary, classics, avant garde, family, comedy and kids. Let alone the tv shows. I was in heaven. Whole movies all the way through with no interruptions for phone calls, medical emergencies or drinks of water. Like I said: heaven.

So here are the movies I watched and a mini review...

500 Days Of Summer- How did I let this movie get past me in the theatres? I loved it like I love cake and I vow to buy it on DVD now that I'm home.

The Daybreakers- Not as good as I'd hoped. I actually fell asleep during this one. You'd think a movie about vampires would keep my attention.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians- Cute, but I should have gone for something a bit more mature.

How To Train Your Dragon- Oh hell, another keeper. It was fantastic and I'm not ashamed to admit that I choked up at the end. It was completely predictable but so well done I didn't care.

So there you have it. Thousands of dollars spent, 10 days in Europe, and all I get out of it was a bunch of movies under my belt. Not bad.

kxx


No comments: