Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Mum, you have the loudest laugh in the room."


This is what Elliott said to me over the weekend at his cadet promotion ceremony. At first I was kind of put off by it. I thought maybe I'd embarrassed him or myself. But as he shovelled cake into his face, he sputtered crumbs at me and continued: "But that's a good thing. I heard you laughing while I was in ranks and I knew you were out there even though I couldn't see you". Aww...

So even though I have an insane giggle and if you surprise a laugh out of me, the resulting bark can frighten birds from trees, it's somehow comforting to my children. Good to know. Because now I have to find another way to passive-aggressively humiliate my children in public.

kxx

1 comment:

flask said...

i have always liked people with good hearty laughs.