Friday, January 22, 2010

You know what I miss?

I miss my mother. Nothing really earth shattering happened lately to bring it up I was just thinking about her a lot. She's been gone 15 years and even though I don't think about her everyday anymore, but when I do it's an all day event. She'll cross my mind when I'm cooking and I use an ingredient she used. I'll smile when I pull a load of laundry out of the dryer because the clothes smell like they did when I was a kid. I'll hear a song on the radio (especially Kool and The Gang or The Pointer Sisters) and laugh out loud picturing her dancing like a loon in her brown muumuu.

I wish she got to meet the kids. She'd have loved the kids. Everytime they do something new and cool I wish I could share it with her. Elliott shaving and his saxophone lessons, Audrey learning how to dive and finally leaping from the 3m tower and Henry making the coolest cathedral for his social studies project. She'd have loved that stuff. I often wonder if they'd be any different with her in their lives.

So my thinking is that this is a little like having a song stuck in your head. If you sing it out loud it goes away. Maybe if I blog about my mum today, I can go a little while without her running through my mind. It's distracting to have a 5' tall, huge breasted, salt & pepper afroed woman pop into my head while I'm driving. You try parallel parking with that kind of crazy going on in your melon.

kxx

No comments: