Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where the eff are my chocolate chips?


So a couple of weeks ago I bought a 2 kilo bag of chocolate chips. Usually that's enough for about a month. This morning I looked high and low for them and couldn't find the bag anywhere. Why? Because I hid them and my middle aged traitorous brain doesn't remember where.

And why do I have to hide chocolate chips in the first place you may inquire? Well, I'm glad you asked. Because from time to time when I have the effrontery and inimitable gall to not make dessert for this family, I'll find them sitting on the couch eating little bowls full of my chocolate chips. I yell and scream about how they're essentially eating ingredients and that when I actually reach for the chocolate chips for their precious cookies and I have 14 chips left rattling around the bag they're the ones that miss out, but it falls on deaf ears. So lately I've taken to hiding them.

This bunch is as wily as kids at Christmastime so I have to keep moving the hiding place. Sometimes it's in the beer fridge downstairs, sometimes it's the spice cupboard, sometimes it's in the useless cupboard over the fridge. So when I looked for them yesterday afternoon I was searching in the most ridiculous places. They weren't in the chest freezer or in the crisper. They weren't even in the cupboard where I keep the birdseed. My dried up old brain couldn't find them.

I blame everyone. So does anyone want a batch of chipless chip cookies? Anyone? Bueller? They're actually kinda good...

kxx

No comments: