Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I've got a nickname!


One of the salesmen at my new job calls me “Smiley” and I absolutely love it. I’m thinking that he’s having trouble remembering my actual name but who cares.

I’ve never had a nickname before. Well, except for the unfortunate “Antonius Rex” in my college days, but it felt forced and didn’t stick. Plus, I made it up myself, ignoring the horrible dinosaur reference. And of course “Oreo Cookie” which, in high school, was just meant to be mean.

I’ve also been part of collective nicknames… you know the kind. Given to you by someone in your life who calls everyone the same nickname like “Dude” or “Buddy”. I myself have been guilty of going the “Sweetie” route.

But, Smiley? I wholeheartedly approve. I hope it catches on around here.

kxx

No comments: