Friday, September 11, 2009

Hee. Ouch. Eff.


This rib thing is really getting to me. It's not so much the pain as the fact that I feel like I'm getting punished just for laughing. I'm a happy person. It's not a put on, seriously, ask anyone that knows me IRL. I laugh a lot. I'd like to think I'm a funny person (although I can't tell a joke to save my life). I had a friend Patricia years ago who'd only call me when she needed cheering up.

So having these torn ligaments (which got re-diagnosed to cartilage yesterday by the chiropractor, by the way) is really chafing my ass. Every time I giggle, chortle, chuckle, guffaw or otherwise express my joy and/or delight, I feel like I've been set upon by a well manicured gang whose weapons of choice are nail files that they drive between nearly all my ribs. Good times.

I'm on tons of meds since I'm due to stroke for my dragonboat team at a regatta tomorrow. I'm pretty sure there is no crying in dragonboat. I discovered that inconvenient fact during 2 practices last week where I spent an awful lot of time covering up the fact that I was bawling in pain.

Yesterday's practice was much better. My ribs were sore but (Yay!) no tears. Looks like I found the perfect drug cocktail. Two hours before getting on the water I rub my back and chest with Deep Cold then pop an Advil Liqui-gel, a celebrex, and 2 robax platinums. I'm the highest paddler on the water. Whee!

kxx

No comments: