Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Am I going to have to be irritated for the rest of my natural life?


The other day on the radio I heard a car ad. Not a strange occurrence to be sure but here's what was: they kept referring to the upcoming car year as the "Oh-elevens". Uh oh. Is this going to be a thing because I hate it. It sounds ridiculous and illiterate.

In my life there are lots of things that bother me, among them; mascots, black pens and people using my towel; but this is beyond reason. And it'll last forever. I'll have to hear about the "oh-twelves" and "oh-thirteens" until they mercifully reach "oh-ninety-nines". And yes, I plan to live that long. So who do I lobby to get this stopped before it's too late?

kxx

1 comment:

Angie said...

Totally agree! Hate it! Heard people saying oh-tens and I was like "Are you serioues?" oh-seven, oh-eight, oh-nine, that's ok... but it ain't oh-ten.. it's just twenty-ten.