Thursday, June 19, 2008

Feeling grumpy

Why? Woman issues. I don't need to elaborate. Last night I had the wettest, rainiest dragonboat practice in all my years of paddling. It was like taking a cold, fully dressed shower. Delightful. And for a while at the end I was sitting behind a particularly strong paddler who with every stroke dumped cold river water into my lap. Whoo. I couldn't skip practice since it was the last one before the festival on the weekend. That and even when I'm grumpy, pruney and soaked to the skin, I'll still grudgingly admit I love it. Feh.

When I got home I took everything I was wearing (including undies) and threw them in the dryer. Then I put on my cosiest bathrobe (should I mention that it's my only robe? The green one with no tie so it flops open humiliatingly? No? Okay.) and watched the last two dancers on So You Think You Can Dance. Then I fell asleep on the couch and woke up with a cough. Good times. Good, grumpy times.

kxx

No comments: