Friday, June 20, 2008

The coolest thing happened at work this aft...


I just had to mention it before I go to bed.

All day I had a weird feeling about the date. Then it dawned on me. My mother died on this date in 1995. I told this to the girls at work and I had a nice time describing her wonderful traits and funny memories about her. I even showed them my tattoo. After I was done, the dj on the radio played "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang. It was her favourite song. I got the biggest goosebumps I ever had. I told the girls and I couldn't believe it but they started to cry. Which made me cry (I had previously been fine talking about her) and it was just an odd little bonding boohoo-fest in that dank basement. During one of the happiest songs ever written. Sometimes I think that basement has a gas leak. Either that or we were touched by an angel.

kxx

No comments: