Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fed up to the back teeth


I have a bird feeder on the windowsill outside my livingroom window. I wanted to see the cool birds in our neighbourhood and so far it's been great. It's a nice way to have the birds practically in the house. I'm seeing some great ones too. We've seen sparrows, mourning doves, cardinals and blue jays. Gorgeous. We've even had the occasional mouse. Cute. What I can't stand are the squirrels. The damned effing squirrels.

I've stood by the window and sprayed them with water. I've tried to scare them away. I went online and found that they hate red pepper flakes and they don't hurt the birds. Imagine my surprise after dumping a whole container of the spice on the seeds and seeing the squirrel enjoying a spicy Cajun meal at my (and the birds') expense. Aaarrrggghhhh!

So any good ideas will be appreciated. I'm thisclose to spraying something a little more errr... caustic... than water on it the next time I see it. Do squirrels like rum? Ooooh what about a good blast of Raid? You can stop this, people. Just tell me what to do.

kxx

No comments: