Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have a telephone interview today

As you all know Scott is on sabbatical from work for the next few months. As a direct result, I'm looking for work outside the house. I found a little gem of a daycare job not too far from here and the hours are so sweet (8:30 to 12:30) that I couldn't resist. That and the fact that I'd be spared the numerous "poke breaks" I've had to endure since Scott's been home made it impossible not to try.



Thing is I have to go through a telephone interview. I've never done this before. I usually shine in interviews. I sparkle and flash my megawatt smile. I charm and giggle and they love me. I love job interviews. Nine times out of ten the last 5 minutes are spent talking about shoes. I've never blown an interview.



The telephone is a different thing. I hate talking on the phone. I think too much, I get tongue tied and flustered. Just last week I was supposed to call the kids' school to tell them they had orthodontists appointments and I gabbled and stammered all the way through. At several points I had trouble remembering a) which kid I was calling about; b) what class they are in and; c) why I was calling in the first place. Pathetic.



Now this is important. I don't want to screw this up. I can just see myself babbling about the fact that I'm still in my jammies or that I'm due for a pedicure. I just need to calm down. Maybe I can talk to her from the tub. But knowing me, I'll tell her where I am. Ugh.

*** Walking through the livingroom barefooted and not getting anything stuck to my feet = AWESOME! ***

kxx

2 comments:

Angie said...

Poke breaks, LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

'Poke breaks' are not what you think they are. I merely drive my finger (usually gently) into her tummy and sides when she isn't really expecting it.... great fun!

Signed;

Hubby