Monday, January 24, 2011

My moment in the sun

Well, my foyer's anyway.

In the fall I posed a question to a television show on the off chance that they could solve the irritating problem of my foyer. Besides a complete demolition to let more than one person remove their coat and boots, we've hit a brick wall in terms of decorating. You should see when the boys come back from hockey. Two or 3 at a time with their hockey bags and sticks. As you all know, a hockey bag can fit a chopped up human body so when they all come home, there is a complicated choreography where places are changed more often than a square dance, salt and slush are deposited all over the stairs and the front door to the freezing outdoors is yawning open so those giant bags can be retrieved. Inevitably there is also cursing as someone's warm socked foot stands in a puddle of water. We're a close family but this is ridiculous.

Anyway, I won the lottery last week because they featured my question on tv. I got to see my sad entryway (I knew I should have smartened it up a bit but it showed the chaos quite nicely and I never thought they'd choose it) and got some great ideas. Luckily it's a blank canvas since we've never even painted since we moved in 12 years ago. They made some very low cost suggestions and I plan on using every one. I've already visited IKEA and now all I have to do is convince Scott that taking their advice won't make him gay. Okay, to be fair, I'm not really sure why he's digging his heels but this redecoration is going to happen. And when it does, I'm even willing to have a party here which is something we haven't done since we moved in and I was actually proud of that stupid, ugly foyer. Wanna come?

kxx

2 comments:

flask said...

awesome.

let me know when you get it don't and i'll be right over.

Karen Kaye said...

You got it flask! ;)