Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Marineland here we come!

The Kaye's are leaving for Marineland in the morning so I'll try to do a super-quick blog before we leave. That means unless I can sneak internet access, no blog Friday. And don't think I won't try. I have a streak to uphold.

So we're only going for a few days but because of the rabbit, we need someone to come in and feed it. See why I love my cat? No maintenance. I can leave the thing to take care of the house for up to four days. Unfortunately I can't trust him to feed and water the stupid rabbit so my neighbour is coming over. Because of this I have to clean up.

Why, you ask? I'm happy to explain. See, I treat other people as I'd like to be treated. That also works in reverse. I expect people to do what I would do. If I was given a key to my neighbour's house and permission from same to come in, I'm going to snoop. That's just the way it is.

Now don't get me wrong, I won't go through their closets trying on clothes or raid their fridge to watch the satellite feed on their plasma screen tv (although that sounds delicious). I'll just take a $.50 tour. I'll look into all the rooms and sort of check the layout of the place. I'll walk over to their windows to check out their views. That's all. But see the need for the sweep and tidy? Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same.

So I'm off to do some errands and cleaning before work. We want to be completely ready by 8am tomorrow which is the time we'll leave tomorrow. It's the first exclusive holiday we've had in years. Usually we piggyback our trips to dovetail with something else. This time it's only for us. Can't wait!

kxx

No comments: