Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I’m obsessed and I don’t care


Who:

*Is virtually lip-free?
*Can sing like an angel?
*Looks like he is so white he'd go up in flames faster than a vampire if he spent too much time in direct sunlight?
*Has an adorable squinty tic?
*Is openly gay and in a committed relationship?
*Was a child star? Then ironic self-parodizer? Then tv star? Then internet superstar?
*Has a PhD in Horribleness?

My latest crush/obsession, that's who. Right now I'm humiliatingly in love with Neil Patrick Harris. I've googled him till all hours of the morning. I've watched him talk on YouTube just to see his lips (what lips?) move. I've watched Dr. Horrible so much that when my kids or husband walk by the computer all they say is "Again?" shaking their heads, rolling their eyes and muttering under their breath. I woke up this morning with this song in my head probably for the 6th consecutive day. I can't get enough of him.

I know how likely it is that a gay man's head can be turned by a Canadian Black suburban housewife/mother of 3 so I'll just love him from afar. In my dreams he (as Dr. Horrible) and I (as his faithful henchwoman Brown Sugar... move it Moist) cut a swath of destruction through the blight that is Planet Earth. The world is a mess and (we) just need to rule it. Don't we dear?

Sigh.

No comments: