Monday, August 25, 2008

Awww, no more Olympics

I just spent 2 weeks in the depression on my couch watching the Summer Olympics in Beijing. I've loved most of it. Ping Pong, I'm looking at you. I felt my Canadian pride come out as I rooted for Adam Van Koeverden (kayak) and Ian Millar (show jumping and 61 years old). Yes, there was that American swimming guy but seriously, the US wins so many medals, is it really that amazing a feat? Yeah, yeah, the US is a medal machine. They have so much money and infrastructure and training facilities... they'd better win. But a poor, cocky kid from Jamaica that lives and trains on that tiny West Indian island? Now there's a story.

Anyway, it's over and I wanted to share this website that was forwarded to me about a week ago. How cool is this? It shows elite olympic athletes at every size. I loved seeing that. Things like that do wonders for my often skewed body image. If that weightlifting girl has an Olympic body then there's hope for me yet.

kxx

No comments: