Monday, August 4, 2008

12th!


This is old news to those who know me from my various online boards or in my life. To you all, I'm sorry to have to make you go through this again. But I came in 12th people! TWELFTH! Top 15 in that triathlon I did on Saturday morning. I'm still vaguely stumped as to how it happened but it's right here online so I guess it's so.

Feel free to click on that little camera icon to see how much fun I had.

I met a terrific woman named Judith who hung with me during the swim and saw off and on all through the race. We took photos together, hugged a lot and the happy face balloon on her bike was a real help to those of us who couldn't find them during the transition.

I got my number written on by arms and legs in Sharpie marker by a stranger. I always thought that triathlete's numbers were written using some kind of space-aged waterproof liquid, but nope, just a garden variety Sharpie.

It's too bad there were no photos taken of the swim. There you would have seen me dog paddling, wheezing and then just water running (the water was waist deep) the 200m. Wow, that was bad. Thank goodness for the bike leg. I don't even want to discuss the run which I thought was going to be 3k but ended up being 5 which I didn't realize until I passed the 4k pylon along the route. Hmph.

Anyway, I'll stop boring you with this. Suffice it to say it was amazing and probably the most fun I've had all summer. The marathon I'll never do again. But this? I wish I could do it every weekend. It was So. Much Fun. I can't wait until next year.

kxx

No comments: