Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Alone again, naturally

I can't believe this. I wanted to go to the Women's Show this weekend and amazingly I can't find anyone to go with me. Not that I have so much free time I can go anytime. I'd have to squeeze it in just like everyone else. In fact I can only go on Sunday as Elliott has a hockey tournament on Saturday. Fine. But when it comes to things like this I realize I'm light in the girlfriends department.

I'd love to have a friend I adore hanging around with constantly. Someone who I can picture spending a shopping or spa weekend with without wanting to throttle. Someone who has kids so she doesn't mind the occasional my-kid-is-on-the-honour-roll brag or the vivid description of last night's puking incident. Someone who's happily married so I don't feel guilty talking about how cool Scott is. Someone who is exactly my shape and size so we can share clothes and shoes. Someone whose kids are the same ages as mine so they can all play together. Someone whose husband likes what my husband likes so that when we all hang together there is much back-slapping, chortling and beer guzzling.

Is that too much to ask? I get so jealous when I hear about women who have been friends for years and have girlfriends they love. Don't get me wrong, I have great friends but no BFFs. Of my 2 closest friends, one girl has no husband or kids and the other girl lives in England. No fair. I'm fun, funny positive, enthusiastic and yet on Sunday afternoon I'll be on the couch in my jammies watching an all afternoon Bollywood movie instead of opening a goodie bag full of free treats, giggling with my best gal pal and wearing my cutest shoes. Whatever.

kxx