Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sigh. Star Trek.

Most of you know that I'm a major Star Trek fan. The Next Generation to be specific. I've been to conventions, bought and wore the paraphernalia (remind me to get a new battery for my Starfleet watch... they just don't make dilithium crystals like they used to), have a couple of prized photos taken with characters (a Borg and a Ferengi), watch every episode multiple times and can even name particular episodes. Example: if you ask me which episode Jean-Luc Picard (yum.) meets (and gets kissed by!) Vash, I can quickly tell you without looking it up on Memory Alpha (my fave Star Trek website) that it's Captain's Holiday. And when I went to Las Vegas, yes, the gambling was fun, but the highlight was the Star Trek Experience. Best. Exhibit. Ever.

So that said, I feel like sharing some of my favourite one liners from the show. Even though it was a sci-fi drama, it had some funny bits. Man, I miss this show:

"I am not a Merry Man"
--Worf in Qpid

"Do you want to tell me what’s bothering you or would you like to break some more furniture?"
--Deanna Troi to Worf in "Birthright"

"Eat any good books lately?"
-- Q to Worf in "Deja Q"

You're so stolid. You weren't like that before the beard."
-- Q to Riker in "Deja-Q"

"Do you know how she was able to train her cat?"
"Well, as I recall, she walked around for two months with a piece of tuna in her blouse."
--Data and Geordi on "Force of Nature"

And talking about cats, of course my favourite poem:


Qapla' (yup... I dabble in Klingon, too),
kxx

1 comment:

Angie said...

BAHAHAHA!!! That was awesome! LOVED IT!