Monday, October 26, 2009

Argh... bad habit alert


There are 2 bad habits I want to try to break.

One is that I'm tired of of saying "good" when people ask me how I am. I want to go back to saying "fine" like my mother taught me. It sounds so much nicer to be "fine" doesn't it? Besides, answering "good" to the question "how are you?" doesn't sound grammatically kosher, does it?

The other is from work. I'm irritated by the fact that when a caller asks for someone I say "sure thing, please hold". Sure thing? Really? Yuck! It was the easiest thing that came to mind when I first started and now it's stuck fast. Every time I say it, it drives me nuts but the words come so naturally I can't seem to break it.

Would you be weirded out by a receptionist saying "sure thing"? Is "you bet" any better?

kxx

No comments: