Monday, August 31, 2009

"Ya get ketch!"


Today's title is something my dad often says in his patois infused english. It means "you got caught". And I did. I was busted in that last week I knew I would be too busy to post, wrote every NFB post last weekend and post dated them to come out each day last week. I'm going to be honest with you: I hardly even had time to check back here. And I was right to do it. The kids and I had an amazing time on my last week off.

Among other places we went to a Reptile Zoo, a place that's all mazes, the national art gallery and the "Ex" which used to be a farm/4H exhibition but has since evolved into an orgy of musical acts, rides, midway and crappy carnival foods plus a couple of animals and pie judging for some old-timey mystique. We had a ball and it was really fun to get back to enjoying the kids again instead of feeling like they're 3 little beings that I constantly nag in a seemingly neverending loop. I'm basking in the afterglow. I love them. I really love them.

So today my blog will return to it's freshly minted goodness. Well, not 100% fresh since I wrote this Friday, and frankly, good is relative. But you get what you get. You know you still love me.

kxx

No comments: