Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm off!


I love my job, I really truly do but the allure of 2 weeks of sleeping until 8 and reading in bed until 10am is just too delicious. I can still do a great deal of my job from home so I will put in a few hours (I told you guys I enjoy it), but most of my time off will be spent enjoying my kids as only a working mother who sees them a few hours a day can.

They are actually cruel taskmasters who have demanded quite a bit from my time off. The car is getting a badly needed tune-up so the first few days we'll have to amuse ourselves with activities close to home. Luckily we live in an area within walking distance to a public pool, beach, movie theatre and mall. Next week it'll be fun little day trips to the reptile zoo, museum and hedge maze. We may even go apple picking at my sister-on-law's orchard. It's not open for business yet but I have it in with the owner.

So that's my plan. Lots of R&R. I hope the kids enjoy themselves. I know I will. Blogs will be coming in between 6 & 7am as usual since I write them at more reasonable times of the day and "post date" them. Have a great week, everyone.

kxx

No comments: