Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thank you everyone!


I just wanted to extend a really warm thank-you to everyone who sent me a birthday wish. Honestly, my inbox has been clogged for 2 days with people showing me the love. It only took seconds to write something as creative as "Happy Birthday (insert various numbers of exclamation points here)" but I really felt loved. So Thank You.

My family knows me so well. I got a Star Trek DVD, a crossword game and the best... a USB record player. It'll play all my LPs and 45s and turn them into iTunes mp3s so I can put them on my iPod. The idea of having to buy mp3s that I already had on vinyl drove me bananas. But that isn't to say that I didn't do it. I re-bought all my Smiths, Big Country and Violent Femmes stuff. But now I don't have to buy the B52s, Cure, Depeche Mode and Cult stuff I've been itching for.

At work I got not one, but 2 cakes, a song, and a card that everyone signed. They're really getting to know me at this job... a lot of the comments in the card were totally me. It's definitely a keeper.

My friend Kathy was so awesome. She lives abroad and sent me a wonderful bunch of links related to August 10th. It was very thoughtful and I enjoyed it more than she probably thinks I did. My favourites were learning that my special day is the 222nd one of the year (except for leap years) and that I share a birthday with Daniel Hugh-Kelly (only she and I and his mother know who he is... 3 words: "Hardcastle and McCormick").

Anyhow, thanks again for the love, people. You rock me down to my socks.

kxx

No comments: