Monday, June 25, 2007

We're Bold, we're Bald and oh yeah, we're Beautiful!!!

Okay, I'm not going to bore you all with the details but I had the most amazing time this weekend. I saw my kids for all of about an hour all weekend long and had the chance to spend time with other paddle crazed kooks. I'm still on a high feeling like I really want to race again.
I'm having a very difficult time taking off the plastic orange bracelet that signified my participation.

So just to recap, The Bold, The Bald and the Beautiful came in 44th place on Saturday and 40th place on Sunday with a best time of something like 2:19. Which would suck if there were 50 boats in total but there were 190 so we totally kicked ass. We never won a heat but we had some awesome races and that's what counted. We even got our name mentioned in the paper as one of the teams with a most unusual name. Yes, ours is cute but my personal fave? The Dirty Oars. Our coach Bevin and his wife L.A are interviewed for the article too.

Gotta fly, Elliott's graduating from grade 5 in an hour and I've got to make sure he's not wearing a filthy shirt. I'll post our team photo tomorrow (and I promise not to bore you with this anymore... now how could you possibly see my fingers crossed behind my back?)

kxx

No comments: