Monday, July 31, 2006

I need a life

I'm starting to realize (after almost 8 months of writing) that in order to have an interesting blog you need to have an interesting life. Which I don't think I possess. I have a drama-free, even-keeled, almost boring life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I've noticed that people with way too much drama in their lives are mostly unhappy or unfulfilled. Or both. And I'm definitely not a Desperate Housewife. I don't want to be constantly worrying about what's going to happen on the next episode of "The Karen Show".

But that said, I guess I'm, well, not *bored* but I'd love for something cool to happen to us. Something bloggable. Like solving a mystery or winning a pile of cash in a lottery. Just something to add a spark. I bake, I shop, I watch tv, I go to movies, I have awesome friends and family that I should see more, I have fun with my gang... all noble and nice and I'm sure that tons of people would give their eye teeth for what I have. But I need an adventure. I need a plane to fly overhead and drop a cd with a secret transmission that only I can decode. Okay, maybe I watch too much tv but you know what I mean.

I just keep thinking... if I was to collect my blogs over a year and publish it, who on earth would read it? It's so... mundane. Where's the excitement? Where's the emotion? Where's the (I'll say it again) drama?

For instance, so far today I slept in then tidied up a bit. Elliott has a couple of friends over playing Axis and Allies and I'm watching All My Children and blogging. Later today I'll make dinner, watch Hell's Kitchen and go to bed. How fascinating. Thank goodness I'm funny. Oh, and don't hold your breath for my new book "The Blah Blog of a Bland Broad". You'll go blue.

kxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have to watch "Bored to Death on HBO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyIz9_HktQ

the main character has a similar dilemma.