Friday, March 7, 2014

Well that was embarrassing.

So I went to my ukulele night at a local pub (no, that's not the embarrassing thing, you meanie) and I thought I lost my car keys. After freaking out and searching everywhere for 20 minutes, getting the leftover participants and bar staff to help me then finally admitting defeat and calling Scott to prostrate myself in shame and humiliation when, miracle of miracles, I found them. Inside the car. Luckily I could get into the car because of the combination. Thank you Ford. You just got a loyal fan.

Anyway, shout-outs to the following people:

Scott for not making me feel shitty or embarrassing me over this whole thing. I guarantee I would not have restrained myself if the tables were turned.

The bar staff who left their post to look in places I hadn't even been. A waiter even looked in the men's room. Hey! Now that I think about it, I may take that as an insult.

The anonymous woman who refused to hear of me taking a cab home. She insisted on driving me. It was only 10:30 and I would have been fine but she was not having it. I never even got her name before I found those goddamned keys hiding under the gps in the cup holder. I did give her a big hug, though, after I finished waving them around in shame victory. She said I'd see her at the next event in a couple of weeks so there's that.

Anyway, That was my last foray into embarrassment. What was yours?

I find it amusing that I have previously posted a photo of my keys on this blog. This is what happens when you've been blogging for as long as I have. There's nothing in my life you guys haven't seen.

kxx
PS: And my streak for not having lost anything important still stands at 4.5 years...


No comments: