Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pyjama Day

Or that was the plan. Yes, I did actually stay in my pyjamas but I worked on the computer all day. Let's see... I played with my new phone downloading apps so that it'll be exactly like my beloved iPod, I contributed to the newsletter for my school, I wrote up a developmental profile on one of my kids, and I watched Sherlock. Hey, I never said it was all work. After re-reading the above paragraph, I actually did say that. But oh well...

Quickly about this Sherlock thing. It played on BBC yesterday. It won't play in North America for another 2 weeks. In this day and age of instant gratification if you think I'm waiting that long, you've got another thing coming.

I went to the BBC website and clicked on their iPlayer but I don't live in the UK so it didn't work. So off I went searching for a way to watch the coolest show next to Doctor Who. I went to LifeHacker which is a website that if you've never been to, you are missing the best tips on just about everything. There I found a link to "Hola" which hides your pesky IP address, preventing mean websites like this one (and ITV, CBS and NBC to put a few networks on blast) from realizing just where you are. A couple of quick clicks and voila... I'm watching Sherlock explain to John just how exactly he faked his own death. No spoilers but it's a doozy.

Tell me how much you love either one of those sites...

kxx


No comments: