Monday, December 2, 2013

No wonder I'm always tired

The other day I was telling Scott that I'm not sure why I'm so exhausted at the end of the day. Keep in mind that the end of my day is usually 1pm. Then I went on to tell him the thing I say under my breath every day, seconds before the kids start arriving. As soon as I said it the penny dropped.

"It's showtime!"



Then I'm on. From 8:30 to 1pm it's all big toothy smiles and enthusiastic enthusiasm. I grin through temper tantrums and crocodile tears. I crouch and bend and jump and stretch. I've even been known to turn a cartwheel or two. Today I even did a handstand in the pool. I sing and mug and behave like a clown. Yes, it's only for four and a half hours, but it's literally non-stop. In fact, sometimes going to the bathroom is my only break. So when you catch me drooling into my couch cushions at 2pm, just put my Snuggie over me and move on. I deserve it.

kxx

No comments: