Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh Canada!

I just spent 2 hours at my local park. There's a festival there with rides, a petting zoo, music, and tons of people partying in red and white.

While I'm always a really proud first generation Canadian, you know what warms my heart like nothing else? New Canadians. I love seeing the effort that they make on such a special day. I saw a man in a red turban and maple leaf face tattoos. I grinned and waved at the little girl in the hijab with the straw "Canada Rocks" cowboy hat. This is what Canada is all about.



I love Canada and I'm proud to have been born here but it seems to me that nothing compares to someone who adopts this awesome country as their own.

So Happy Birthday to all of us. Why? Because we are Canada.

kxx

1 comment:

kyooty said...

Happy Belated!