Wednesday, June 15, 2011

(Not so) Wordless Wednesday

Help! This is the front of my house. Scott pulled out two ugly mismatched shrubs that were on either side and nearly blocking the front door as well as another round cedar-y thing that was blocking the lower left window and completely taking over that little grassy patch. You can see the soil where it was. The irises under the right lower window can go too. I'm not in love with them.

So now what do we do? Any thoughts? Obviously it's a blank page right now so anything goes. I like to sit out front rather than in back. I like to see what's going on and talking to the neighbours. That shouldn't surprise you. That's my terrible (but strangely comfortable) orange plastic chair.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kxx



2 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oh boy i see your dilemna however I am so bad at this. Doing the same at my home right now.
I think I'd paint the front door though. I know, you didn't ask. :-)

Unknown said...

What a lovely house you have love the columns on either side of the entrance. You need something grand. I love hydrangea and lilies. But my door isn't so grand. For yours what about topiary and some smaller containers around. On this blog there are some. http://liveitathome.blogspot.com/2009/11/welcoming-front-door-decorations.html
Maybe some hostas on the lawn to the left on the small patch of lawn nothing that will bock light to the windows. There are some hostas in this pic.
http://www.finegardening.com/design/articles/welcoming-front-yard-garden.aspx

The problem is I would get carried away. I'd put stained glass in the window above your front door. and see getting carried away all your looking for is some plants.
xx