Friday, June 24, 2011

Flashback Friday

I'm watching an old episode Gilligan's Island with the kids. The kids love nothing better than to watch tv shows of my youth and pick them apart. It's actually quite funny to watch them skewer my old faves but I sure realise how much more mature kids today are. I never questioned why Ginger had so many outfits and the Professor had so many books on a 3 hour tour. I just shut up and watched. Now they're talking about triangulating signals to find the castaway's location and laughingly wondering how it's possible for Mary Ann to make a pie crust in the jungle with no Crisco. The cooking thing? So my kids.

So anyway, the word of the day for Flashback Friday is "Ginger". Enjoy this post from March 2007. It's a slice of life (in all its weirdness) from my family in the 80's.

Have a great weekend!



kxx

No comments: