Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sometimes I think I'm totally nuts...

I like commercials. Sometimes more than I think is necessary or even medically sane. I've been known to, while zooming through stuff on tape, stop before the ads are done to watch one I've never seen before. I know how it looks.

I spend more time than is healthy thinking about ads. What I especially like to do is if there are 2 or more people in a commercial, I like to try to figure out what their relationship is. Once Scott and I had a comically long discussion about 2 women in a commercial. I was convinced that they were daughter-in-law/mother-in-law, and Scott was convinced they were neighbours. We never settled that one.

So lately there's been another one where one woman is making a family dinner and another comes into the kitchen asking to help. The first woman says she could bring in the gravy. The second woman is surprised she's not making it from scratch. They're pretty close to the same age and from the way they're talking to each other, they're clearly not sisters or even friends. Scott and I have discussed it and we've decided. Sisters-in-law.

This is why we get along so well.

kxx

No comments: