Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The List


I saw a really great show the other day called The List. Bonus points that it's on Canadian tv so maybe I'll write in.

You know how it's all the rage now to make a list of things to do before you die? There's even books about it. Anyway, you send this show your list and they help you do a few things on it. How fun is that? And it really makes me think. Which is a bonus because usually most shows make me think: "Is Nathan Petrelli really dead?" or "When the hell are Greenlee and Zach going to get out ouf the abandonned bomb shelter?". This one made me think: "What do I want to accomplish before I shuffle off this mortal coil?"

On the show the tasks ranged from the sublime (a woman designed her own Ben & Jerry's flavour) to the ridiculous (a ride through suburban Toronto on an elephant). So what would be on my list?

*Own Christian Louboutin shoes
*Travel with my kids yearly
*Live in a foreign country (for about a year but coming back to Canada when we're done)
*Have an ensuite bathroom and a walk-in closet

I just noticed all these things are money related. A big lottery win should take care of all of it. So what would I do? What would a tv show help me with? Skydive? Nah. Drive a Zamboni? That's someone else's dream (you know who you are). I know: learn how to drive a stick. Oh my God, that's so boring. Ooh, I've got it! Acting. I'd love to get a "funny best friend" part in a movie. Not the main part... too much pressure. The best friend is always the most memorable part anyway and could be the breakout role. I'd love the attention something like that would bring. And the money. Enough for a certain pair of shoes. And I could use some of the acting training in my background that's been sorely underused as a wife and mother.

So what about you? What's your dream?

kxx

No comments: