Friday, June 28, 2013

Sometimes a thing just has to be done.

I jog around 3K through the park every morning. I make a habit of it so that breaking the habit and not running becomes the anomaly. So that not running on a weekday morning is the strange thing. And just an aside, I hate running. I do it to be able to eat what I want without guilt. Because what better thing to mumble when you're caught elbow deep in a bag of Doritos is "'S'okay, I ran this morning."?

So this morning when I looked outside it was raining. And when I say raining I mean pouring. End of days style. I shrugged my shoulders and got dressed. I decided not to run but walk so I put on my raincoat and rubber boots. I got halfway down the street and I was drenched. So rather than turn around and give up, I pressed on. By the time I got to the park, literally 3 minutes away, my clothes were soaked through. Thankfully it was warm so I wasn't completely uncomfortable.

Incredibly, the weather didn't dampen my spirits so I did something I haven't done in years. I jumped through every puddle I saw. I must have looked like a lunatic. I also chased the ducks around the park like a kook and meandered, not rushed through the rain. It was awesome. I only spent about 30 minutes outside splashing around like an idiot but it was so much fun. I recommend behaving like a childish goofball at least once a week. It's good for what ails you. Unless you have the flu. Then ignore everything I just wrote.

kxx (this was the content of my boot once I got home)


1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Karen you made me smile, and I thank you for that!