Monday, June 24, 2013

Dear The Kaye Way,

Hey there blog I created. I'm sorry.

You were born in 2006 on MySpace as a way for my to expose myself to the planet. Wow, that didn't come out right. I really just wanted to carve out my little place in the world and on the internet. You and I had a great relationship for years. I wrote a post for you every single day except weekends and even one November I tried writing every single day. That was hard but fun.

Then a couple of years ago I started to pull away. It's not you, it's me. Really. I got busy, I got distracted, I got teens who bogart the computer, I got a husband who (often loudly) wonders why I was constantly blogging and never getting rich, I got a house that looks like a cyclone hit it and I got the twitches from goddamn frigging Candy Crush. And you have been the sacrifice in all this. And for that, I'm truly sorry.



I know that when I sit down to write a post for you I enjoy every minute of it. I love the feeling that I get when I finally click "publish" and I get feedback on you from family and friends. I just can't find the time to squeeze you in. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

But, today marks the first day of summer for me. I'm off until the end of August and my plan is to update you every day. Even when I don't have anything awesome to say. Remember my stream-of-consiousness blogs? (ugh, I'd rather forget them too). I just want to to get back in the habit again. I love to blog and ignoring you is as healthy for me as eating a dozen maple glazed. So for my health and happiness, prepare to have the best summer you've had in years. At least that's the plan...

See you tomorrow,

kxx

No comments: