Thursday, October 6, 2011

Things I forgot about working in Preschool

Little kids are funny: Like today in the washroom when I was told that "last night I had corn on the cob and now my poo looks like brown corn on the cob."

Little kids are curious: Like the time I was asked "are you brown everywhere?"

Little kids are easily amused: Like today when I had 6 three year olds completely enraptured for 20 minutes by covering 4 toys with a cloth and lifting it up after I took one away. They were delighted trying to guess what was missing.

Little kids get easily frustrated: Like when we had to deal with a full on tantrum because he couldn't get his backpack open.

Little kids say the cutest things: Like at snacktime when I got called "mummy"

All in all I'm having a great time there. Never let anyone say it's just playing all day or babysitting. I develop programmes to enrich the development of preschoolers. I have to pick the exact right words to say to ensure a positive learning atmosphere and... oh heck, who am I kidding? It's fun. Work, mind you, but fun.

kxx

1 comment:

Ninah said...

Sooo cute! Kids are a handful, but they are delightfully precious when you least expect it, and all you can do is smile and fall in love with them all over again.

I love your blog...and by the way, you are gorgeous! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!