Monday, October 17, 2011

The 85 Chronicles

I figure if I'm taking the bus I may as well use it for it's valuable, valuable fodder. And boy, is there ever a lot on this route. For instance, I saw a really cool mum get on today. She was with a kid around 3 and was pierced and dressed really funky-like. I thought in passing that it would be really cool to look like that, then I realized two things:

  1. She was young. Super young. She could only get away with that outfit if she had that baby at like 14 and that was her look in the first place
  2. If I was to dress like that I'd seriously look like I was having a psychotic break
Then there was the scary goateed dad wearing a salt-stained ball cap and carrying an extra large Timmy's. He was tucking a pink blanket around a baby in the stroller he'd wrestled onto the bus. Then he bent down and sweetly wiped the face of a little blond girl. With his licked thumb. Her cheeks were covered in chocolate from the giant cookie she was holding. At 7:30 in the morning. I don't even know where to go with that tableau. Cute yet creepy with just a soupçon of yikes. Love the 85. Stay tuned for more crazy.

kxx


1 comment:

alison said...

I kind of miss taking the bus. I liked having the time to read. And watch the characters. And I'd go for 'cute' in the above scenario. A chocolate cookie at 7:30 isn't that far from waffles and syrup, sugar-wise, and that's what my kids get for breakfast sometimes. :)