My alarm went and interrupted a particularly awesome exchange between a sexy time traveller and a sexy werewolf and I knew I had to get up. I must be an endorphin junkie because why else would I not go straight back to bed for an hour after I opened up the front door to a fine mist of cold rain? For the 3rd day in a row. It's like God is treating me like a disobedient dog. Then again, I'm not really getting the message, am I? I need my fix, people.
So back to the initial question: should I get a treadmill? At first I said that I'd never run in the rain or cold and this month I've done both. Monday I claimed that I'd never run in the snow but last night I signed up for a 5K that takes place in December. I realize it's beautiful running outside but that's providing you can actually see the beauty around you. At 6am, it's like running in space.
Here's a pro/con list for and against a treadmill:
- I can run any time of day for as long as I like
- I won't get raped or pillaged or otherwise interfered with in the dark park
- I won't get wet
- I won't freeze
- I can run and watch tv/read/blast my music
- I won't have to worry about goose poop and worms (yes, I worry about goose poop and worms)
- I can run in my shorts all year round
- I want one!
- the park and sailing club are gorgeous
- treadmills take up tons of room
- they can be noisy
- outside never breaks down or need servicing
- I'll have to shop for running outerwear (I was debating if this was actually a pro or a con... Scott would be a better judge)
So the debate rages on. I managed to find a reasonable one through a friend on Facebook but it still puts a dent in my Christmas budget. Meanwhile the weather just keeps getting colder and wetter until the fateful day when God switches from the water bottle to something more... snowier.